As a volunteer with LCBH, you can:
- Help a family in crisis avoid homelessness
- Develop important litigation skills
- Create new professional relationships
- Learn a new area of law
- Handle diverse cases ranging from settlement negotiations to jury trials and everything in between
- Choose from flexible volunteer opportunities designed to accommodate your busy schedule
- Receive ongoing training and support from LCBH staff
- Make a difference!
I learned more about being an attorney in six months at LCBH than I did in three years of law school. Most importantly [LCBH] showed me that it is 100% possible to practice law and make the world a better place at the same time.
I didn't plan on being in litigation, but once you get exposed it is so rewarding for you and the client that you keep coming back.